Sunday, May 16, 2010


I just received my welcome email from the College Program!

How Should I Dress?
+ You will be moving into your apartment on the day you arrive, so dress comfortably.
+ Your hairstyle, hair coloring, and fingernails must be within the Disney Look guidelines upon your arrival.
+ All body modifications not within the Disney Look guidelines must be removed before arrival.
+ For males, all facial hair must be within the Disney Look guidelines.

What kind of documentation should I bring?
+ Original (no photocopies) employment eligibility documents so you can complete your I-9

What time should I arrive?
+ Between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.

Where Do I Go?
Vista Way Apartments in Lake Buena Vista, Florida!

When will I receive my Main Entrance Pass?
+ Your Main Entrance Pass allows you to admit your friends and family members into the park for free a certain number of times per year
+ This will be mailed to you between two to four weeks after your first shift, using the mailing address on file in our system (you can opt to have it mailed to your Orlando address instead--more information upon arrival).

The first few days
There are several things that must be done over the first week.
+ Check in: find out where your apartment is, get ID card, and get parking pass
+ Orientation: meet with education team, find out about role, and get training schedule
+ Not all work: also time to acquaint yourself with other College Program participants and explore the area surrounding Disney
+ Traditions (must wear Disney Look): Learn about heritage and traditions of Disney; after this you are an official Cast Member!

Needless to say, I am super excited.  My future roommate left today to start her drive from Colorado to Florida.  Smooth sailing, roomie!

No comments:

Post a Comment